Canvas Lite is now available! If you have course content in Free-for-Teacher, now's the time to export it. Access closes for good at 11:59 p.m. MT on October 6. Learn more.
I followed the steps to enable self enrollment and received the URL for the course to share with my students but I did not receive a Join code. My students are new to Canvas
Hi @ChristineFennell6 ,
To locate your join code, you will need to refresh the page after updating your course's settings to enable the join code. Then, under the description box in your courses settings, you will locate the join code as well as a registration URL you can provide your students with. Only use the registration / join URL if your students do not have an existing Canvas account.
I'll provide a screenshot below for a visual reference.
I hope this helps!
Hey @ChristineFennell6 ,
This is going to be a little tricky for your situation. After seeing your course's settings, your institution's canvas admins do not have self registration enabled. The enroll URL, which is what is shown on your screen in the screenshot provided, is only for people that already have accounts.
You will need to reach out to your canvas admin for assistance with getting your students' accounts made. You will then provide them with that URL. Alternatively, your canvas admin can also just add them to the course on their end to save you a few headaches.
Noah
Hi @NoahBoswell ,
I have tried to refresh and log out/in to my account but I do not have a join code. My students are all new to canvas and do not have existing accounts. I have attached a screenshot for reference.
UGH! I had a feeling that was the issue. Thank you very much for your help!
Our H5P LTI assignment scores are not returning to the gradebook 9 times out of 10. It's been going on since 15 September, and we are not aware of any event or change at that time that might have caused the issue. The H5P reports confirm students have completed the assignments, therefore ruling out user error. Is anyone…
I am just curiousas to why there is not a field to enter a description for an outcome at the account level? Or at least edit the rating when you attach/link an account level outcome to a rubric. When you create a new criterion for a rubric, you enter a decription for a rating, but for an account level outcome.
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?