Canvas Lite is now available! If you have course content in Free-for-Teacher, now's the time to export it. Access closes for good at 11:59 p.m. MT on October 6. Learn more.
Is there a way to transfer in content from itsLearning to Canvas? I am an educator moving from itsLearning to Canvas and would like to save as much of my course content as possible.
Hi @RebeccaG7 ...
Full disclosure... I've never heard of itsLearning before. Is there a way to export content from this platform so that you might try to import it into Canvas? There are some Canvas Guides that might help as far as what kind of files can be imported from other platforms:
I'm not sure if any of these links will be of help, but I thought I'd share them all with you just in case. I'd suggest researching to see if itsLearning has any way to export your course and then, hopefully, you'll be able to import it into Canvas. Good luck!
Canvas does not list itsLearning among the options for the Course Import tool, and I looked at the itsLearning support site and don't see an option there to export an entire course anyway. I'm sorry it's not any easier than selectively downloading files and importing them into Canvas and manually re-creating the course settings and structure. I suggest two options to make it easier in the future: one is to encourage itsLearning to create an export function, and the other is to propose an idea that Canvas add itsLearning to its list of importable export files. I don't know the process for making suggestions to itsLearning, but the Instructure Community has an entire section on user-suggested ideas for improvement (note that the idea process is currently on pause as it is being refined):
Idea Conversations - Instructure Community
.
If you only need to move your quiz and question bank, you can try using getmarked. Our schools uses it to import questions from Word but it seems like they also support itslearning based on what i can see on their website.
In SpeedGrader's DocViewer, I want the comment cards in the right-hand sidebar to appear in a specific order. How can I control that order? For example, I have a free-draw annotation spanning two paragraphs, and its card appears below a highlight comment that starts at the top of those paragraphs, but I want it directly…
As it is now, assignments that are dropped show to the students as a slightly lighter font color. However, if students do not complete an assignment that is then dropped, the font color doesn't change at all and it shows as "missing" in red. Why not just change all dropped assignments to "Dropped" instead of "missing"?…
Our H5P LTI assignment scores are not returning to the gradebook 9 times out of 10. It's been going on since 15 September, and we are not aware of any event or change at that time that might have caused the issue. The H5P reports confirm students have completed the assignments, therefore ruling out user error. Is anyone…
Our institution is setting up 9 institutional outcomes in Canvas. Several of our outcomes have multiple skill sets within the rubric. For example: Critical Reading – Skill Set A Critical Reading – Skill Set B Critical Reading – Skill Set C Our understanding is that Canvas Outcomes data reports can provide the overall/total…
I am just curiousas to why there is not a field to enter a description for an outcome at the account level? Or at least edit the rating when you attach/link an account level outcome to a rubric. When you create a new criterion for a rubric, you enter a decription for a rating, but for an account level outcome.