Canvas Lite is now available! If you have course content in Free-for-Teacher, now's the time to export it. Access closes for good at 11:59 p.m. MT on October 6. Learn more.
Hi, Thank you for clicking on my question.
I'm teaching teaching students by attaching various files to the canvas.
Could you tell me how long the file that I and my students uploaded to canvas is stored?
Hi @uja2223,
To piggyback on what @Chris_Hofer said, I don't think there is anything built in to Canvas itself that would make an uploaded file go away. I'm not sure if you're using the "free for teacher" Canvas, or one provided by your school/institution, so I'll also add one caveat to the statement above. Many schools are creating retention policies for Canvas courses. The institution I work for not has a 7 year retention policy, meaning courses that were offered 7 years ago will be deleted from Canvas. Something like that *may* apply to you, but you'd need to check with your local Canvas team (usually in the IT / eLearning / Digital Education departments)
-Chris
Hi @uja2223 ...
If you are the instructor of a Canvas course and you are attaching files to content pages within your course, those files remain in the course for your students ... unless, for some reason, you were to remove the file(s) from the page.
Or, are you asking about files submitted by students as part of assignment submissions? Any files submitted by students for assignments are stored in their user files are of the course, and they are not counted towards their user file quota (which is around 50 MB). Those files cannot be deleted from their user files.
I'm not sure if I am completely answering your question or not. Please help to clarify if I haven't addressed your question...thanks!
Is there a way for me to create a rubric that shows BOTH points and a letter grade, while the Gradebook in both my view and student view shows JUST points? I tried setting up the rubric showing a letter grade in the grading scheme, and a letter shows in the Assessment box…but then my gradebook also shows the letter grade,…
As it is now, assignments that are dropped show to the students as a slightly lighter font color. However, if students do not complete an assignment that is then dropped, the font color doesn't change at all and it shows as "missing" in red. Why not just change all dropped assignments to "Dropped" instead of "missing"?…
Our H5P LTI assignment scores are not returning to the gradebook 9 times out of 10. It's been going on since 15 September, and we are not aware of any event or change at that time that might have caused the issue. The H5P reports confirm students have completed the assignments, therefore ruling out user error. Is anyone…
Our institution is setting up 9 institutional outcomes in Canvas. Several of our outcomes have multiple skill sets within the rubric. For example: Critical Reading – Skill Set A Critical Reading – Skill Set B Critical Reading – Skill Set C Our understanding is that Canvas Outcomes data reports can provide the overall/total…
I am just curiousas to why there is not a field to enter a description for an outcome at the account level? Or at least edit the rating when you attach/link an account level outcome to a rubric. When you create a new criterion for a rubric, you enter a decription for a rating, but for an account level outcome.