How do I keyword search my Canvas messages?
This seems like a very basic functionality that is just... absent? Am I missing something?
Indeed, Canvas Inbox doesn't have a keyword search feature, even though it has been requested years ago, seemingly multiple times. See, for example, [Inbox] Add search feature for Inbox/Conversations - Instructure Community Ideas.
Alternatively, it's possible to create a simple (and probably slow) search feature using the API, by looping through the conversation IDs returned in /api/v1/conversations and then getting the body of each message in /api/v1/conversations/:id, but I agree that could have been available in the UI.
See Conversations - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation for more details.
To the developers: yes please add a key word search function to Canvas!! We are using it for educational materialls and now we have to search every 'tile' and every list! Thank you!!
YES! The year is 2025 and I still cannot search my Canvas inbox by keyword... which is so useful when wanting to re-use something. The inbox does not let me CC my personal email address, and thus I have to rely on user name (or doom scrolling) when looking for an old email. Again, it's 2025, Canvas!
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?
One of the teachers has registered for Google Services in her Canvas account. However, she is unable to link the Google Assignment LTI as an external tool for assignment submissions. The error message is "account not linked" after clicking continue at this step: When I try to go into this teacher's course as an admin and…
Hello Canvas Community, Our institution is planning a migration from Banner to Workday Student and is beginning to evaluate the best approach to integrating Workday with Canvas. Our current integration is: Banner → Ethos API → ILP → Canvas We would like to learn from other institutions that have already migrated to Workday…