When a user with Designer role tries to enter questions for a quiz, they get Error 403 page as soon as they click Build.
The permissions are set correctly as far as I can tell.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Hi @JenniferHoyte,
Unfortunately, as far as I know as a Canvas admin, the Designer role is not currently supported by New Quizzes. This may change at some point in the future, but for right now you'll likely have to give the person a different role to be able to access New Quizzes.
I hope this helps with the issue you're experiencing, even though it may not be the news you wanted to hear.
-Chris
We stumbled across this issue today.
I'm wondering if this will be something that can be handled by New Quizzes in the future? Is the ability of a Designer role user to edit a New Quiz in the backlog?
@Hildi_Pardo
Hi @ChristopherMcAvaney,
This does appear to be under active development right now: https://community.instructure.com/en/categories/canvas-collaborative-roadmap?portalCard=omfQnylnntVd6-myMM8ywFEusNY
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?
One of the teachers has registered for Google Services in her Canvas account. However, she is unable to link the Google Assignment LTI as an external tool for assignment submissions. The error message is "account not linked" after clicking continue at this step: When I try to go into this teacher's course as an admin and…
Hello Canvas Community, Our institution is planning a migration from Banner to Workday Student and is beginning to evaluate the best approach to integrating Workday with Canvas. Our current integration is: Banner → Ethos API → ILP → Canvas We would like to learn from other institutions that have already migrated to Workday…