Pretty simple-- want to shift a bunch of rows at one time... how is this done?
Hi @Fursty,
This really depends on what you mean by "shift". Let me try to explain what Canvas CAN do with html tables...
If you want to add a row or column (essentially what I'd call shifting all rows/columns down/right), Canvas can do that. You'd put your cursor in the first cell you want to shift, then use the icons at the bottom of the table. In this example, my cursor was in r2c1 and I clicked the insert row above button...
Now if you want to only affect certain rows or columns, you can highlight the cells you want to move by click+drag, then use cut (cmd/ctrl+x) then move the cursor to the upper-left cell you want those cells to start in again and paste (ctrl/cmd+v). In this example, I highlighted the cells shown, then pasted them with my cursor in r3c2. This essentially shifted the highlighted cells one column to the right. With this tactic, you do need to have enough empty space for the content to be pasted, otherwise it would overwrite existing content
I hope this info helps!
-Chris
If seems that you are referring to tables when using the Rich Content Editor (RCE) in Canvas. Along with everything said by @chriscas, you can refer to How do I insert a table using the Rich Content Editor? - Instructure Community - 618220 for some general information about tables in the RCE.
When using tables, I recommend making sure that you follow accessibility standards.
Let us know if you need anything else.
-Doug
I am just curiousas to why there is not a field to enter a description for an outcome at the account level? Or at least edit the rating when you attach/link an account level outcome to a rubric. When you create a new criterion for a rubric, you enter a decription for a rating, but for an account level outcome.
Roll Call is clearly a very dated tool despite it being the built-in Attendance tracking option in Canvas. It has multiple visual bugs, and lacks basic features that are standard in other attendance-recording tools, including custom status sets, custom early warning messages, reporting for both students and faculty, and…
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?