Are the messages that I send to my students / fellow students are private? Or I have access to them (if so, how to check) and other administrators
Anyone with the permissions to masquerade as another user (typically limited to Canvas admins) can see the messages within Canvas. If those messages go out via email, then anyone with access to the student's email can read them. At our school, that's a network administrator (different from Canvas administrator, but they may be the same at your institution). I don't have time to check right now, but I believe people with access to Canvas Data can access the messages. A court can issue a subpoena to get access to the information if warranted. If someone shares their computer or leaves the browser open, then whoever has access to that computer can read messages.
If you delete a message, you're only deleting your copy of the message, not the recipients. Think twice before hitting send and don't say anything that you wouldn't want other people to read.
Most electronic messaging has the same limitations.
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?
One of the teachers has registered for Google Services in her Canvas account. However, she is unable to link the Google Assignment LTI as an external tool for assignment submissions. The error message is "account not linked" after clicking continue at this step: When I try to go into this teacher's course as an admin and…
Hello Canvas Community, Our institution is planning a migration from Banner to Workday Student and is beginning to evaluate the best approach to integrating Workday with Canvas. Our current integration is: Banner → Ethos API → ILP → Canvas We would like to learn from other institutions that have already migrated to Workday…