How do I make a discussion board unpublished after students have posted and work has been graded? There are posts there for an upcoming exam that I no longer want students to have access to.
Just to dovetail @jcarpenter1 's advice.
1. Create a new module. Call it something like "Not For Student Eyes." Move the discussion into that module. Do not publish the module.
2. Make sure that "Discussions" does not appear in the students' course navigation bars. If it does, go into settings and then navigation. You'll need to disable "discussions."
3. I believe that students will still be able to access their own response(s) through Grades, but not the rest of the discussion thread.
Hello @CHRISTINACAMPB1 ! Unfortunately, you can't unpublished graded assignments, including discussions, after there have been student submissions. I tried unpinning it and even marking it as closed for comments. The only other thought I have is to unpublish the module. This will unpublish everything in it!
This might be a great idea to bring to the developers attention. These links may help you submit the idea.
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?
One of the teachers has registered for Google Services in her Canvas account. However, she is unable to link the Google Assignment LTI as an external tool for assignment submissions. The error message is "account not linked" after clicking continue at this step: When I try to go into this teacher's course as an admin and…
Hello Canvas Community, Our institution is planning a migration from Banner to Workday Student and is beginning to evaluate the best approach to integrating Workday with Canvas. Our current integration is: Banner → Ethos API → ILP → Canvas We would like to learn from other institutions that have already migrated to Workday…