Is there an option to have students sorted by First Name in Speed Grader? It would make a big difference to my efficiency in marking some of their work.
It looks like that's not an option, @MitchDerbyshire. I did a test where I split the first and last names into two columns and discovered students can be sorted by first name on the Grades page, but there is not an option to do so within the SpeedGrader.
That's a bummer but might be changed via a submission to the Canvas Ideas process. Creating an idea does not provide an immediate solution to the problem you described, though it is a solution. I’m going to mark it as such and hope that our colleagues who have a similar challenge will find the best way to contribute. If you decide to create an idea, please link it here so mode community members can support it.
Hi @MitchDerbyshire
I don't know of a way either, but there are some other options to sort that you might find helpful. See this guide.
https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-sort-the-student-list-in-SpeedGrader/ta-p/773
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?
One of the teachers has registered for Google Services in her Canvas account. However, she is unable to link the Google Assignment LTI as an external tool for assignment submissions. The error message is "account not linked" after clicking continue at this step: When I try to go into this teacher's course as an admin and…
Hello Canvas Community, Our institution is planning a migration from Banner to Workday Student and is beginning to evaluate the best approach to integrating Workday with Canvas. Our current integration is: Banner → Ethos API → ILP → Canvas We would like to learn from other institutions that have already migrated to Workday…