this is astonishingly hard to do.
as a faculty member, we are being punished for thinking we can travel before grades are submitted.
I've had students log into Canvas from all over the world, including Armenia, Egypt, Japan, Korea, Bangladesh, and Myanmar.
My guess is that the difficulty has been created by your institution. Last summer, my district went to a two-step verification process to access our college email accounts. That made it very difficult to gain access while traveling overseas.
@JosephDecuir ...
I agree with the comments from @SusanNiemeyer. In addition, I would also point you to the following Guide here in the Community:
Which countries are restricted from using Canvas?
Hope this will help.
@JosephDecuir
And to add one more thought, it would be worth asking your institution if they have a VPN you can use. It might solve your issue. During COVID, my college opened up their VPN to everyone so they could work remotely. I assume many other institutions did as well.
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?
One of the teachers has registered for Google Services in her Canvas account. However, she is unable to link the Google Assignment LTI as an external tool for assignment submissions. The error message is "account not linked" after clicking continue at this step: When I try to go into this teacher's course as an admin and…
Hello Canvas Community, Our institution is planning a migration from Banner to Workday Student and is beginning to evaluate the best approach to integrating Workday with Canvas. Our current integration is: Banner → Ethos API → ILP → Canvas We would like to learn from other institutions that have already migrated to Workday…