Canvas Lite is now available! If you have course content in Free-for-Teacher, now's the time to export it. Access closes for good at 11:59 p.m. MT on October 6. Learn more.
How do I get Canvas to ignore the case-sensitivity of a quiz answer?
If you are talking about Fill in the Blanks questions in Classic Quizzes, they are not case sensitive, according to How do I create a Fill-in-the-Blank quiz question?
For Fill in the Blanks questions in New Quizzes, you can choose "close enough" and then select "Spelling Only (Ignore Case)": How do I create a Fill in the Blank question in New Quizzes?
For a New Quiz, I have tried the "close enough" spelling only option and it didn't work. I had to enter in a bunch of answers into the key which at first glance, seems confusing to the student when they see a multitude of possible answers.
Hi @JerryCoe,
Are you able to provide us with more information, like @Gabriel33 asked?
Is there anything else that you need related to this?
-Doug
Our H5P LTI assignment scores are not returning to the gradebook 9 times out of 10. It's been going on since 15 September, and we are not aware of any event or change at that time that might have caused the issue. The H5P reports confirm students have completed the assignments, therefore ruling out user error. Is anyone…
I am just curiousas to why there is not a field to enter a description for an outcome at the account level? Or at least edit the rating when you attach/link an account level outcome to a rubric. When you create a new criterion for a rubric, you enter a decription for a rating, but for an account level outcome.
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?