Canvas Lite is now available! If you have course content in Free-for-Teacher, now's the time to export it. Access closes for good at 11:59 p.m. MT on October 6. Learn more.
I am a new user to Canvas LMS and created a new free account. I want to set up a couple of courses and students and my understanding is that I need an Admin account to add users/students. How do I create or get access to an admin account?
Greetings @DavidChin56 ,
Welcome, and thank you for posting on the Instructure Community!
On the free for teacher canvas instance, which is what you have access to, you don't actually need full admin permissions to add students to courses! You just have to be enrolled in your course as a Teacher. There are multiple ways you can add students to your courses, however for free for teacher, I mostly suggest having the user sign up for a student account, and then using a join code to your course to officially join your course. You can locate this join code in your course settings after enabling it. I'll also provide a few links below with some additional information to help you out, if needed!
https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-sign-up-for-a-Canvas-account-with-a-join-code-or-secret/ta-p/437
https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-add-users-to-a-course/ta-p/1119
All the best,Noah
I am not seeing an option to upload a profile image in Canvas Lite. I am wondering if this feature will be added so that students have this option.
Hello, I can not access my Free-For-Teachers page or export courses. Can anyone help please?
I'm not sure what this error message means to best decide how to address it. Searching gave no other examples of this issue. Can anyone explain?
To the Canvas Lite Team, I am writing to express my serious concern regarding the maximum course participant limit in the new Canvas Lite, particularly the restriction that appears to allow only 50 users to join a single course. I am an Assistant Lecturer at the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Tanzania, teaching Civil…
I imported quizes from a paid Canvas account to my Free Canvas for Teachers account. When I try to edit the quiz in the imported course, it says the questions are in groups. It shows on the quiz page there are 25 questions, but when I edit and open to Questions it shows groups with NO questions in them. How do I get the…