When is canvas going to allow student to customize their courses with photos? It's so annoying to have some courses with photos and others without.
Hello @SantiagoLeon1 ...
I believe you are referring to the images that appear on course cards displayed on your Canvas Dashboard. The images that sometimes appear on those course cards (instead of solid colors) are things that an instructor can change for the entire course. So, if your instructor has uploaded a picture of an animal for a Zoology course, that animal image would appear for all students in the course. You can, however, put a color overlay over the top of the image. You can change the color to whatever you want, but it might make the image look a little strange (for example, a green overlay on a polar bear might look weird). Check out the section on "View Color Overlay" on this Guide: How do I view my favorite courses in the Card View... - Instructure Community - 517 (canvaslms.com).
Sorry I don't have better news for you, but I hope this helps to answer your question.
I am just curiousas to why there is not a field to enter a description for an outcome at the account level? Or at least edit the rating when you attach/link an account level outcome to a rubric. When you create a new criterion for a rubric, you enter a decription for a rating, but for an account level outcome.
Roll Call is clearly a very dated tool despite it being the built-in Attendance tracking option in Canvas. It has multiple visual bugs, and lacks basic features that are standard in other attendance-recording tools, including custom status sets, custom early warning messages, reporting for both students and faculty, and…
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?