I’m currently teaching a large class and I’m looking for ways to automate certain aspects of the grading process for group assignments. Specifically, I’m interested in the following:
Group Assignments: I’ve been using the Group Assignment feature, where one submission counts for the entire group. Is there a way to have these assignments automatically graded as ‘pass’ or ‘not pass’ based solely on whether a submission has been made?
Automatic Feedback: After grading, I’d like each group to automatically receive a text with a suggested answer. This is intended to encourage group work and prompt students to self-grade their answers by comparing them to the suggested answer.
Non-Submission: Groups that do not submit their assignment should automatically receive a ‘not pass’ grade and should not receive the suggested answer text.
Up until now, I’ve been manually grading these assignments and providing feedback, but due to the size of my class, this is no longer feasible. I understand that the LTI tool can return grades and feedback to Canvas, but I’m unsure how to set this up for my specific use case.
Any guidance or suggestions on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Our institution is currently experiencing an issue for students when trying to access assignments or quizzes through an external tool such as Norton Tools or eLab. The "load in a new window" button fails to execute any commands. When masquerading as the student the issue is duplicated but as a teacher the button…
I am just curiousas to why there is not a field to enter a description for an outcome at the account level? Or at least edit the rating when you attach/link an account level outcome to a rubric. When you create a new criterion for a rubric, you enter a decription for a rating, but for an account level outcome.
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?