Hi Canvas Community,
Has anyone tried or experienced configuring SSO for 3rd party or external set of users using this How do I configure third-party authentication prov... - Instructure Community - 225 (canvaslms.com)?
Our experience was not straight forward and had to do manual intervention on our end in SIS before the external users are able to log in on their premise via SSO.
Was that your case as well? Appreciate any experiences you can share. Thank you.
Hi @grayat,
We use SAML authentication for our university users and it's really been pretty painless since we set it up years ago.
I notice your question mentions third-party/external users though, which is not necessarily the same as things would be for normal school/university Canvas users. Our sister campus uses a third-party social media login SSO provider for external users, and I don't think they had much trouble setting that up. Can you elaborate on what you were trying to accomplish and what kind of issues you ran in to? I think things like this may be very school/institution and provider specific. Also, unless you're using just-in-time provisioning, the users have to exist in Canvas before they'd be able to log in through SSO, which I know has tripped some people up before.
Looking forward to hearing back from you with more details.
-Chris
Apologies for the very delayed response. It's now working for our clients' SSO. Actually it's more on their Azure side of set up that can be tricky sometimes because there may be a couple of parameters that can be missed in the in configuration. All we had to do on our side is add the SAML authentication and then provide the correct URL to the client.
Thanks @chriscas for your response.
I am just curiousas to why there is not a field to enter a description for an outcome at the account level? Or at least edit the rating when you attach/link an account level outcome to a rubric. When you create a new criterion for a rubric, you enter a decription for a rating, but for an account level outcome.
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…
I have been asked to discover whether Canvas Catalog can accept eCheck payments. My thought is that since Catalog is configured to redirect to a payment form at our Payment Gateway, that this might be more a question of configuring an additional option into the Catalog and payment gateway settings. Has anyone done this?
One of the teachers has registered for Google Services in her Canvas account. However, she is unable to link the Google Assignment LTI as an external tool for assignment submissions. The error message is "account not linked" after clicking continue at this step: When I try to go into this teacher's course as an admin and…