Canvas Lite is now available! If you have course content in Free-for-Teacher, now's the time to export it. Access closes for good at 11:59 p.m. MT on October 6. Learn more.
Any one have about the possibility of integrating a google chat space in canvas? What are the steps?
It looks like the Google + Canvas integrations are still a work in progress, @divinefavourC, based on an Instructure blog article on integration with Google Meet. That was published not too long ago (Dec. 31, 2020) but at least one (or is it two?) generations ago in terms of Google's product names.
Without the integration, I did some testing with Google Chat Spaces and think the best option is to provide a link to the space inside Canvas. The trick is how to add authorized users to the space. I created a space and provided the link to another Google User. But when they clicked on the link, Google Chat reported that they were not authorized to use the space. So it looks like I had to invite the user to the space, and that worked.
Here's where I ran into two problems. The minor one is that I had to type each email address one at a time. The major one is I could not type an email address unless that email address is connected to a Google account. If I use my college-provided Google account I can add my students with their college-provided Google account, but many of my students have another Google account and that presents a challenge for those who are already logged into that other Google account before they click on the link to join a Google Chat Space for their college-provided Google account.
I'm going to mark my response as a solution, but there can be more than one. I hope our colleagues here in the Community can share other options for connecting Google Chat with Canvas.
Our H5P LTI assignment scores are not returning to the gradebook 9 times out of 10. It's been going on since 15 September, and we are not aware of any event or change at that time that might have caused the issue. The H5P reports confirm students have completed the assignments, therefore ruling out user error. Is anyone…
I cannot access my former account. I have registered anew with Canvas Lite. Can anyone help ?
I am just curiousas to why there is not a field to enter a description for an outcome at the account level? Or at least edit the rating when you attach/link an account level outcome to a rubric. When you create a new criterion for a rubric, you enter a decription for a rating, but for an account level outcome.
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…
Hello! A caution to my fellow Admins and support folks that Instructure updated their live-chat link (the one in the "(?) Help" menu, if you license their Support Chat service) fairly recently, but the old broken one is still online and appears as if it still functions. If someone hits the old link, after entering their…