Canvas Lite is now available! If you have course content in Free-for-Teacher, now's the time to export it. Access closes for good at 11:59 p.m. MT on October 6. Learn more.
Is there a way to transfer in content from itsLearning to Canvas? I am an educator moving from itsLearning to Canvas and would like to save as much of my course content as possible.
Hi @RebeccaG7 ...
Full disclosure... I've never heard of itsLearning before. Is there a way to export content from this platform so that you might try to import it into Canvas? There are some Canvas Guides that might help as far as what kind of files can be imported from other platforms:
I'm not sure if any of these links will be of help, but I thought I'd share them all with you just in case. I'd suggest researching to see if itsLearning has any way to export your course and then, hopefully, you'll be able to import it into Canvas. Good luck!
Canvas does not list itsLearning among the options for the Course Import tool, and I looked at the itsLearning support site and don't see an option there to export an entire course anyway. I'm sorry it's not any easier than selectively downloading files and importing them into Canvas and manually re-creating the course settings and structure. I suggest two options to make it easier in the future: one is to encourage itsLearning to create an export function, and the other is to propose an idea that Canvas add itsLearning to its list of importable export files. I don't know the process for making suggestions to itsLearning, but the Instructure Community has an entire section on user-suggested ideas for improvement (note that the idea process is currently on pause as it is being refined):
Idea Conversations - Instructure Community
.
If you only need to move your quiz and question bank, you can try using getmarked. Our schools uses it to import questions from Word but it seems like they also support itslearning based on what i can see on their website.
Cordial saludo Actualmente estamos presentando una inconsistencia en New Quizzes al momento de realizar la migración y posterior edición de las evaluaciones. Específicamente, al intentar modificar una pregunta y eliminar una de sus opciones de respuesta, el sistema no permite ejecutar dicha acción. Con el fin de descartar…
Is there a way for me to create a rubric that shows BOTH points and a letter grade, while the Gradebook in both my view and student view shows JUST points? I tried setting up the rubric showing a letter grade in the grading scheme, and a letter shows in the Assessment box…but then my gradebook also shows the letter grade,…
Our institution is setting up 9 institutional outcomes in Canvas. Several of our outcomes have multiple skill sets within the rubric. For example: Critical Reading – Skill Set A Critical Reading – Skill Set B Critical Reading – Skill Set C Our understanding is that Canvas Outcomes data reports can provide the overall/total…
I am just curiousas to why there is not a field to enter a description for an outcome at the account level? Or at least edit the rating when you attach/link an account level outcome to a rubric. When you create a new criterion for a rubric, you enter a decription for a rating, but for an account level outcome.
We use a pre- post- model to measure learning which requires student-question matching from two time periods. This requires exporting quiz data to CSV to do the analysis properly. (I can get into more detail if needed.) The New Quizzes Student Analysis CSV export has repeated blocks of ItemID then columns related to that…