Canvas Lite is now available! If you have course content in Free-for-Teacher, now's the time to export it. Access closes for good at 11:59 p.m. MT on October 6. Learn more.
I have a student who lost power in the middle of a Quiz. For some reason, the system submitted the assignment and I can't figure out how to reopen it.
How do I reopen an assignment after it is already submitted??
@RebeccaSWilson -
Depends on what you mean by reopen. If you want them to continue with the one that was submitted, you can try adding more time via the moderate option and see if that reopens it for them (I am just guessing here). I really don't think this is possible
The other option which I know does work, is go into moderate for the quiz and assign the student another attempt - note the quiz still has to be available to the student(not past the due/until date). Then the student retakes the exam.
The instructors manual for moderating classic quizzes and moderating new quizzes
Is there a way for me to create a rubric that shows BOTH points and a letter grade, while the Gradebook in both my view and student view shows JUST points? I tried setting up the rubric showing a letter grade in the grading scheme, and a letter shows in the Assessment box…but then my gradebook also shows the letter grade,…
The horizontal scrollbar is now missing from the bottom of the gradebook. There is nothing for me to grab with the mouse cursor. On occasion, the horizontal scrollbar will show briefly, then disappear. When it shows, it's never when the mouse cursor is near it, so I can't grab it. A workaround is to trigger horizontal…
As it is now, assignments that are dropped show to the students as a slightly lighter font color. However, if students do not complete an assignment that is then dropped, the font color doesn't change at all and it shows as "missing" in red. Why not just change all dropped assignments to "Dropped" instead of "missing"?…
Our H5P LTI assignment scores are not returning to the gradebook 9 times out of 10. It's been going on since 15 September, and we are not aware of any event or change at that time that might have caused the issue. The H5P reports confirm students have completed the assignments, therefore ruling out user error. Is anyone…
Our institution is setting up 9 institutional outcomes in Canvas. Several of our outcomes have multiple skill sets within the rubric. For example: Critical Reading – Skill Set A Critical Reading – Skill Set B Critical Reading – Skill Set C Our understanding is that Canvas Outcomes data reports can provide the overall/total…