Canvas Lite is now available! If you have course content in Free-for-Teacher, now's the time to export it. Access closes for good at 11:59 p.m. MT on October 6. Learn more.
Is the Free Canvas accounts ever returning after the hack?
Hi @AaronBenitez76820126 ,
According to Steve Daly's message on May 8, the shutdown is only temporary to allow security upgrades to take place. To my knowledge there hasn't been a specific date or time announced for when FFT will be fully back online, but I do know they are working hard to get FFT back up and running.
They recommend checking out this page for updates, despite these updates not being specific to free for teacher only. Security Incident Update & FAQs
Best, Noah
Big news today: Instructure just announced Canvas Lite. It's a free, simple way for individual educators to build and deliver course content to their learners, no institution or full Canvas license required.
Canvas Lite launches on September 30. There's also a final access window running September 30 through October 6. Zach Pendleton wrote up all the details in the FFT Users Blog! It’s worth a read if you want the full picture.
To the Canvas Lite Team, I am writing to express my serious concern regarding the maximum course participant limit in the new Canvas Lite, particularly the restriction that appears to allow only 50 users to join a single course. I am an Assistant Lecturer at the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Tanzania, teaching Civil…
I imported quizes from a paid Canvas account to my Free Canvas for Teachers account. When I try to edit the quiz in the imported course, it says the questions are in groups. It shows on the quiz page there are 25 questions, but when I edit and open to Questions it shows groups with NO questions in them. How do I get the…
Has anyone noticed that the feedback sidebar window has gone to larger spacing? Does anyone know if there is a way to change it back? Not a major deal just a bit annoying is all. Thanks.
I am trying to generate the Item Analysis report ONLY for the current students enrolled in the course, not for previous participants. Despite deactivating and removing the former students, the Item Analysis report is still including their information. I need information for the current 5 participants, not the past 5, but…
I am trying to setup automatic email alerts to the students once the assignment due date has crossed. Is there a way to do that with Free for Teachers Canvas or other alternate options?