Canvas Lite is now available! If you have course content in Free-for-Teacher, now's the time to export it. Access closes for good at 11:59 p.m. MT on October 6. Learn more.
Is there a way for students to add video in their assignments
Hi @RichardSmithSWU !
Yes, students are able to record themselves for an assignment. If your school pays for Canvas and has Canvas Studio, they can use it for assignment submissions. Students are also able to utilize the Rich-Content-Editor, aka the RCE, as @mike15 mentioned previously, to record themselves for an assignment submission.
Students can submit a recorded response by clicking "Start Assignment" > File Upload > Use Webcam and film that way.
Hope these responses helped you out! Reach out with questions and concerns.
Best of luck,
Noah
Students can use the RCE to record their own video (webcam and mic) or upload pre-recorded videos.
Flip (formerly Flipgrid) is another option that I use that works well for video submissions.
Unfortunately flip is closing shop on 9/30/24. Any other ideas that can easily replace it?
Dr. David P.
I'm not sure what this error message means to best decide how to address it. Searching gave no other examples of this issue. Can anyone explain?
To the Canvas Lite Team, I am writing to express my serious concern regarding the maximum course participant limit in the new Canvas Lite, particularly the restriction that appears to allow only 50 users to join a single course. I am an Assistant Lecturer at the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Tanzania, teaching Civil…
I imported quizes from a paid Canvas account to my Free Canvas for Teachers account. When I try to edit the quiz in the imported course, it says the questions are in groups. It shows on the quiz page there are 25 questions, but when I edit and open to Questions it shows groups with NO questions in them. How do I get the…
Has anyone noticed that the feedback sidebar window has gone to larger spacing? Does anyone know if there is a way to change it back? Not a major deal just a bit annoying is all. Thanks.
Are you using MyTextMate's Canvas integration, or are you relying on Canvas's push notifications to deliver crucial information about due dates and events to students? Did you know push notifications have an open rate of 2%? Compare that to text messages, which have an open rate of 98%! MyTextMate allows students to…